Friday 27 November 2015

NAIJA'S THANKSGIVING IS ON SUNDAY...LOL


Do you know that Nigeria also has her own thanksgiving day???
It's the new yam festival! Please don't laugh , I am serious. It falls within end of August.The festival of Yam is a popular harvest offerings to the gods and ancestors to thank them about a fruitful year.

I remember as a kid,my family used to travel to the village to celebrate the new yam festival. It was so much fun then. My siblings,cousins and I would try and make jest of the masquerades just to make them chase us. See sprinting when they eventually do...Our adrenaline was so pumped...Lol.

Times have changed,who still travels to the village to celebrate the New Yam festival? Between,is it still celebrated?

Anyways, the only thanksgiving I am currently aware of is the one that takes place in our churches. LOL.

So just in case you have one on Sunday, please be inspired with below designs.
                                                 
                                                 #peoplewhowearafricandesigns#ADM
















No comments:

Post a Comment