Monday 21 December 2015

THE POWER OF MAKE-UP


I'm sure you guys heard the gist about a man that divorced his wife on their honeymoon because he saw her make-up free face and literally froze from what he saw.
PRO make up artistes have redefined the art of make-up as it has gone beyond the use of eye pencil and lip stick. Now, we have contour which some of us are still trying to figure out.
African brides have never looked prettier and happy on their wedding day because of the exhilarating effect of make up.
I will be sharing some African bride inspired make-up by PRO make up artiste SAG Signature, but before that let me tell you a story about my MUA journey.
I served in Bauchi State for my NYSC and was posted to a Polytechnic to lecture for my primary assignment. My posting letter (not me) was rejected because according to the school they had enough lecturers.
Luckily, I was able to secure an acceptance at the State Secretariat but with the condition that I had to take care of my accommodation. I didn't mind because to me that wasn't a serious condition...My priority was finding a place of primary assignment.
I finally got accommodation at the Federal Low Cost Housing Estate and called my parents to send the rent money to my account. And that day, I told myself I was never going to call my parents again for money. Cheers to Independence! LOL.
My fellow Corp members used to tease me about this red coloured vanity box I had then that contained all my make-up. They would jokingly say that if an unrest broke out, I will run and leave my certificates but won't forget to carry my vanity box. I got thinking one day and thought to myself why can't I make money from this? (Omo Igbo). One day, I went to the Catholic church and inquired about their marriage counselling days. I got the needed information and the week after, I was in their marriage counselling class. I fit in so easily because other class members thought I was a bride-to-be just like them.
Anyways, at the end of counselling session, I raised up my hand and told the class I had an announcement to make. I told them I was a make-up artist and would love to make them up on their wedding day. I dropped my details, took some of their numbers and left.
One day, I was on my way to the weekly CD meeting when I got a call from one of the brides asking me to make her up for her wedding. I couldn't believe it! I wasn't even a Pro. I gave her a price and she was okay with it.
The D-day came and I was a little bit nervous because I had never done such before but the confidence I put up helped me through. She paid me and I was so over the moon. I made my own money! I went straight to the market, purchased food items, made a very sumptuous lunch and called my friends for a feast at my place...It was a very good feeling. And it didn't stop there, I got more jobs, made more money and smiled to the bank. LESSON : YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO.
I will still go to a PRO make up school and learn special effects make up but before then, see these amazing make over photos from SAG Signature.




















No comments:

Post a Comment